Collectors Beechwood Golf Design Tippling Stick / Flask Gadget Cane
A lovely present to give or receive.TIPPLING CANES: Were a popular accessory during the era of the Victorian Gentleman, who would not have been properly dressed if seen in public without his cane.CLASSIC CANES: In the late 1970s, Ben and Diana Porter bought Warren House, a romantic but ruined property set deep in a neglected
A lovely present to give or receive.
TIPPLING CANES: Were a popular accessory during the era of the Victorian Gentleman, who would not have been properly dressed if seen in public without his cane.
CLASSIC CANES: In the late 1970s, Ben and Diana Porter bought Warren House, a romantic but ruined property set deep in a neglected Somerset woodland. They gradually rebuilt the house and discovered that the woodland, which was predominantly populated by ash trees, was suitable for growing raw material for rustic walking sticks. Ben applied the traditional forestry technique of coppicing the trees, thus starting the production of walking sticks. In 1982, a small range of sticks was offered to local shopkeepers, who soon demanded a wider selection….
- Golf tippling cane by Classic Canes, England. Smart, robust, high quality beechwood construction.
- An intriguing collectors’ cane with an interesting history. In earlier times, it was frowned upon to either play golf or to indulge in an alcoholic drink on a Sunday.
- A walking stick with a golf club head for a handle, or a walking stick with a drinking flask hidden inside, was the perfect way to appear respectable whilst on one’s way to a sneaky putt or tipple!
- The beautifully lacquered wooden handle of this cane is fashioned to resemble a golf club head. The handle also unscrews to reveal a glass phial inside the beechwood cane (capacity 50ml).
- Overall height of cane: 38″ (97cm).